London to Brighton Rules and Regulations 2019
The event is a self-guided tour organised by GE Classic Motor Events. Two runs are organised and qualifying is as follows:
CLASSIC RUN – open to any production vehicle registered on or before 31st December 1994
KIT & SPORTS - open to any kit or replica car which is road legal and any sports car registered after 31st December 1994.
2. Entries will be accepted from owners of vehicles conforming to these regulations. An “Entrant” for the purpose of these Regulations, need not be a member of any motor club but must be the legal owner, or be appointed as the representative of, a museum, trust, collection or company having legal ownership of the vehicle. The Entrant and driver (if different) must sign the Entry Form.
3. The driver shall be the person whose name appears on the Entry Form. No other person may drive on this event without permission.
4. Entries open with the publication of these Rules & Regulations, and close finally on Friday 3rd May 2019.
5. Entries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, but the organisers reserve the right of selection to produce a balanced entry.
6. Entries will only be accepted if accompanied by the entry fee. Only one entry per entry form is permitted. If more than one vehicle is to be entered then a separate entry form is required for each vehicle. Photocopies are acceptable.
7. The entry fee for all vehicles is £99.00. The entry fee is for the driver & navigator ONLY. Additional passenger tickets must be purchased in advance by using this form. These will cover entry to start venue, stopping point and any inclusive meals and refreshments. You do not have to stop at the stopping point.
8. If an entry is cancelled by the Participant within one calendar month before the event (i.e. 3rd May 2019), the entry fee will be refunded, less a £25 admin. charge. If entry is cancelled after this date no refunds will be made. Likewise, should an entrant wish to change the vehicle entered, this must be notified no later than one calendar month before the event. Any entrant reporting at the start point with a vehicle other than that entered, will be required to pay an additional entry fee unless permission has been sought from the organisers.
9. The Start Point will be Greenwich Park. Vehicles will leave at 30 second intervals starting at 08.00 hours. Start numbers and check-in times will be issued within 10 days of the run date with the entrants final instructions. Entrants who book early may indicate an early or late start time, but the Organisers cannot guarantee a specific time.
10. A comprehensive route book, which should be adhered to, will be issued at the Start Point. Enough time should be allocated for participants to study the route book prior to departure. GE Classic Motor Events accept no responsibility for last minute changes to the route published due to unforeseen circumstances.
11. The Finish will be Madeira Drive Brighton, where drivers will have their route book stamped on arrival.
12. Tender vehicles (i.e. transporters and trailers only, NOT private cars) should only be used if absolutely necessary. Any tender observed travelling less than 100 yards behind ANY entry may result in its own entry being excluded from the following year’s event. Each tender vehicle must display an official “Tender” vehicle pass which will be issued with the Final Instructions upon written request. Tender vehicles parking will be available at both start and finish point and in a designated area. Drivers and passengers of tender vehicles will not be permitted free entry to the stopping points and their vehicles will not be admitted to any special parking area for Run participants.
13. All Entrants will receive a commemorative plate for their participating vehicle. This plate will be numbered and MUST be affixed to the front of the vehicle prior to starting the Run. All entrants participating will receive one Certificate of Participation in the name of the Driver. All Entrants will also receive one commemorative solid brass rally plaque (horse brass type). Additional plaques can be purchased for which there is a charge of £10 each (subject to availability after2nd May).
14. Entry vehicles must hold a valid and current road licence/tax were applicable, a current MOT Certificate, if required, and carry appropriate insurance to cover the driver, the vehicle and the use of the vehicle for the event on the date of the event. Participants should be aware that they are responsible for the driving conduct of their vehicle at all times and must undertake to observe the Road Traffic Acts in all respects at all times on both public highway and private property.
15. Please note that for public safety there is a speed limit of 5 mph at Greenwich Park, the stopping point and Madeira Drive.
16. Overtaking on public roads IS allowed in accordance with the Road Traffic Acts. The London to Brighton Run is a ‘Touring Assembly; organised by GE CLASSIC MOTOR EVENTS.
17. All details correct at time of going to print. The Organisers reserve the right to make changes if circumstances so dictate.